Wednesday, April 14, 2010

They somehow made me who i am today

Its been awhile since i've listened to Nirvana, and today, i played In Utero. Thats reminds me how much this band has influence my music life. Then, i started to recall back how many albums that affect me like In Utero does, nowadays there are very little album that i can enjoy entirely.

That triggered me to make this list:-
  1. Nirvana - In Utero (If i have tourettes, i will listen to this album until the day i die, have more in common right? Love all the songs in the album)
  2. Butterfingers - Selamat Tinggal Dunia (Most critical and sharp rock music ever made by Malaysian. Love 90% of the songs)
  3. Radiohead - OK Computer (You know you've encountered a great album when you found yourself playing the album on loop although you said "WTF?" during the first listen. Like 80% of the songs)
  4. Elliott Smith - XO ("Im never gonna know you now, but Im gonna love you anyhow" This line cuts me deeper than the steak knife did to Elliott. Love 90% of the songs)
  5. Furniture - Twilight Chases The Sun (The most depressing album ever made by Malaysian. Love 90% of the songs)
  6. Muse - Origin Of Symmetry (Talk about kick ass guitar riffs and dark lyrics combination no one does it better than Matthew Bellamy. Love 90% of the songs)
  7. Oasis - Whats the story? Morning Glory (The Gallagher brothers are idiots, but i believe their idiot-ism has contributed greatly to their music. Love 70% of the songs)
  8. Pearl Jam - VS (The got famous upon their first album release, I only started to love them when they release this album. Love 90% of the songs)
  9. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie Of The Infinite Sadness (Love 70% of the songs, but thats enough, the album has 28 songs)
  10. Nirvana - Nevermind (Nobody can ever make such an album. They win, forever)
  11. Slipknot - Slipknot (Oh, those hateful lyrics, beats, and riffs can seriously drive me to kill somebody if im in a bad state of mind)
  12. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (Today is the greatest, Hippie ice cream van with people making out all over, thats a huge WIN. Love 80% of the songs)
  13. The Vines - Highly Evolved (The guys sucks at singing, but he does write pretty catchy songs, made me hooked to the whole album)
  14. Weezer - The Blue Album (Oh Say it aint so, how can anybody not love this album?)
  15. Weezer - Pinkertone ("I've got your letter, you've got my song, Im dumb she's a lesbian", this two songs are enough to make up the whole damn album. I think i was in love when i found out about this album )
I realized, none of the bands above are post rock or instrumental band. Its weird, that my music doesnt sounds like any of the band that i listened to. Can i actually say they are my influence? Hahah. Oh well.

Kidt

No comments: